Woodrow Wilson Elementary School (c. 1926) is one of the original "stone" schools in the USD 383 District building inventory. It was scheduled as one of the smaller enrollment centers but addresses a sizeable geographic attendance area and a broad demographic in the district.
The orginal 1926 Building and 1951 and 1983 additions were remodeled, upgraded with new heating and air conditioning, new finishes, space reallocation and improved restrooms. The 6,600 sq. ft., five classroom addition allowed for much needed permanent reallocation of space, avoiding such practices as "art on a cart", and a fully renovated Library.
Exterior restroation and preservation work has been completed with all new windows, doors, roofing and full building stone cleaning and tuckpointing. All classrooms now include lock down capability and entrance control to the building is in place.