The Manhattan High School East Campus consists of a group of buildings originally serving as the Senior and Junior High Schools. The buildings date to 1913 and 1917 respectively. The auditorium in the 1917 building addition was refurbished with repair to deteriorated plaster surfaces and ornamentation. A new paint scheme was introduced to emphasize the ornate features of the space.
Since completion, the auditorium has seen renewed use for many activities that once regarded it as dull and uninviting. This project preceded the $3.3 million bond issue renovation and established a base line for all work to be done on this building's improvements.